Payment policy for Sydney Cooking School (SCS)
Full payment at the time of booking is required to secure a seat in one of our cooking classes. You will not be confirmed unless full payment has been made. Once you have paid in full, you will be confirmed for your chosen class. All prices include GST.
Please note all purchases made through the website to SCS are non-refundable however may be transferable to another class or date if our rescheduling terms and conditions are met or if previously discussed with SCS.
SCS accept payments through the website using Stripe; we also accept all major credit cards which can be used online via our website using Secure Pay for added security, payment in cash in store and direct deposits no later than 10 days before the date of the class.
Pre-purchased gift vouchers are also regarded as payment. To book a class with a pre paid gift certificate you can book online using your voucher number for payment.
When your booking is complete and processed successfully you will receive an automated email. This is your booking confirmation. Should you not receive your confirmation email, please phone us immediately to confirm your email address.
As the COVID situation is always changing and evolving we too remain as flexible as we can to accommodate constantly changing restrictions. Should you be affected or simply feel more comfortable rescheduling your reservation to another date, please let us know no later than 8 days before your class date to allow us to make any necessary adjustments to scheduling, catering and staffing which we will need ample time to accommodate. Within 7 days of the class our normal rebooking terms will apply (with the exemption of any last minute restrictions put into place inside this period).
At Sydney Cooking School we are committed to providing you with a fun, clean, safe and professional environment. We have been following and will continue to follow the recommendations of public health agencies and local authorities. At this time, we can confirm that our cooking classes are proceeding as normal until we are instructed otherwise.
We are committed to the safety and well-being of everyone in our community. We kindly ask all guests to exercise a responsible response in line with preventative measures put in place by authorities such as not attending if you or any member of your party have visited a known hot spot area, are feeling unwell or may have come in contact with anyone who has been diagnosed or suspected of having COVID-19. We have taken additional measures to ensure our staff are informed, our hygiene protocols are even more rigorous and can assure you our staff have not visited any known hot spot locations and are in good health.
Our class sizes are generally kept small however during this time we are further reducing the size of the class to allow the recommended physical distance. Generally everyone works in pairs with their own cooking station, handing their own ingredients and consuming the food they have prepared. When attending individually on occasion you may be paired with another individual with appropriate measures taken to ensure a safe and hygienic working environment for all. Dishes are prepared by participants with additional dishes not prepared by you individually, prepared by our chef. We use only trusted certified suppliers and proper food preparation and handling procedures are executed by our qualified chefs who are all food safety certified. As always, we maintain very stringent hygiene and food safety standards and continue to do so. As standard procedure, all our guests are directed to wash and sanitise their hands on arrival, each work station equipped with its own utensils, cookware and dining ware and hand sanitiser, gloves and masks are available. Sydney Cooking School is proud to have always maintained a 5 star food safety & hygiene rating.
We have made changes to our Cancellation Policy to accommodate the evolving nature of COVID-19. Changes are effective immediately (and subject to change as restrictions change):
Cancellation and Transfer Policy
SCS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a class for reasons concerning SCS. If a class has been cancelled due to low attendance, sickness or any other matter regarding SCS, all students will be notified as soon as is possible no later than 24 hours before the class commencement date and the option to reschedule to another date, or full refunds provided.
In the event you need to change or cancel a cooking class reservation please provide as much notice as possible. We keep our classes small and intimate for the benefit of you, our guests and spend time preparing for each class and purchasing fresh produce to ensure we provide you with the best possible ingredients and experience for yourself and fellow participants. As a place has been held for you in the class, we appreciate being advised if you cannot attend so that we can try and refill the vacant spots and so ingredients do not go to waste.
- If you need to change your reservation for any reason, we ask for as much notice as possible so that we have ample time to either try and refill your spots or regretfully notify other guests with as much notice as possible if a class becomes too low in numbers and we need to postpone.
- Minimum numbers are required for us to cover the cost of proceeding with a scheduled class. As our classes are popular we do not need to cancel our classes often however during the current climate, unfortunately we may need to reschedule the date of a class. Sydney Cooking School reserves the right to reschedule the class due to low attendance, sickness or any other matter regarding Sydney Cooking School. In the event that the class is rescheduled participants will be notified as soon as possible before the class and the option to reschedule to another date, a credit note valid for 3 years or full refunds provided. Minimum numbers required for a class to proceed will be 6 participants (previously 10). Should the number fall below this, it is not viable for us to proceed with the class and we will contact remaining participants as soon as possible with further options. Should this need to happen we apologise in advance however appreciate your understanding during this period and hope to reschedule you to the next soonest possible date.
- For bookings of 1-2 guests, up to 8 business days before your class takes place we would be happy to transfer your booking to another date or leave your booking as a credit until you are ready to rebook for no charge. As we finalise numbers and our orders a week in advance, any change requests within 7 days (and no later than 5 days) before your cooking class will incur a charge of $50pp which will help to cover the costs associated with the running the cooking class such as the ingredients which would have already been catered for you, the spots held for you which are less likely to refill and the cost of the chef.
- 4 days and within before the day of your class, the booking is unable to be rescheduled. If you are unable to attend for any reason, you are more than welcome to send someone else in your place provided they are not experiencing any symptoms or have been in contact with anyone suspected of having COVID-19. Please note that any cancellations within this time frame or no-shows on the day will result in the reservation being forfeited.
- For reservations of 3+ guests please be advised that 10+ days notice is required to change the date at no extra charge; within 10 days to 8 days before the class a $50pp transfer fee will apply and within 7 days of the class, the class is transferable to another person to attend in your place.
- Any exceptions are at the discretion of Sydney Cooking School Management.
- Should Sydney Cooking School need to cancel a cooking class for any reason we will notify participants as soon as possible and ALL BOOKINGS will be offered the option of rescheduling to a future date or a credit note valid for 3 years.
If you have any queries or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us. We’re remaining flexible to this ever evolving situation and we are here to ensure you are comfortable and confident to proceed with a booking with us during this unprecedented time. If you wish to make any changes to your booking we kindly ask you contact us as soon as possible to help us minimise the inconvenience to other patrons and to avoid any charges or losing your booking completely.
We will contact all customers if the circumstances change. In the meantime we thank you for your continuing support of small businesses like Sydney Cooking School and look forward to seeing you at our fabulous cooking classes into the future.
Attending a Class
To ensure that our class runs smoothly, please treat the booking as you would a theatre ticket and turn up on time for the beginning of the class. As we are putting the final touches to the set up of your class and using fresh ingredients, we kindly ask that you arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your class as we will be preparing for your class until this time. If you arrive early and the front door is closed, do not worry, we will be there to open the doors for you 15 minutes before the class starts.
If you cannot make it to your class for any reason, please let us know as soon as you can. We keep our classes small and intimate for the benefit of you, our guests and spend time preparing for each class and purchasing fresh produce to ensure we provide you with the best possible ingredients and experience for yourself and fellow participants. As a place has been held for you in the class, we appreciate being advised if you cannot attend or are running late.
You do not need to bring anything, we supply all your ingredients, aprons for use & recipes to take home.
Our address is: 73 Military Road, Neutral Bay 2089 (Opposite Oaks Hotel)
Parking: Best on street parking is Ben Boyd Road or Watson Street (which for evening classes is not timed after 6.00pm). There is also a Coles car park located opposite us in the Big Bear Centre.
General Terms and conditions when attending SCS
RIGHT TO REFUSE: SCS holds the right to refuse a student to attend a class if the instructor feels they are intoxicated or may cause harm to themselves or anyone else attending the scheduled class.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY: When participating in a SCS class/dinner/event, where by the student/participant will be around or using sharp and potentially dangerous tools suitable to a kitchen environment, the student releases, indemnifies and excludes Brett Deverall, The Chef store Pty Ltd and its employees from any and all liability of any kind for any damage or injury incurred while attending or visiting SCS. The student/participant understands these terms and conditions and accepts the inherent risks of a kitchen environment when they make a full payment for a scheduled class/dinner/event.
START TIME: Classes run by SCS will start on time. We advise students to arrive 10 minutes early to minimise the chance of missing any of their lesson time. If a student is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption, as SCS instructors will not have the time to interrupt the class and begin again for every late student.
DAMAGE/LOSS OF PERSONAL PROPERTY: SCS will take all necessary care, but accepts no responsibility for the damage to or loss of merchandise left in the venue prior to, during or after a class/event/function. SCS is not responsible for the loss or damage of personal items in any form. If a student does happen to leave an item in class, the student has 14 days to retrieve the item otherwise SCS will donate it to charity.
DAMAGE/LOSS OF SCS PROPERTY: The student or function organiser may be held financially responsible for any damage to or loss of SCS property during the class/event/function. The cost of repairing any damage to walls, doors or other parts of the property as a result of inappropriate conduct will be charged to the person or hiring company involved.
CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF SCS: Should SCS be unable to provide for your class or function due to circumstances beyond the control of SCS, SCS is not responsible for any costs, damages or expenses that you may suffer or incur.
WEBSITE: This website is owned and operated by Sydney Cooking School. The use of this website is subject to our terms and conditions.